Headspace! One whole hour focussed totally on you!
I create a personal plan tailored to accommodate and reflect your unique ideas, values and desires, in which you prioritise the most important things in your life. I ask Wisdom Accessing questions that produce powerful answers. My conversations with you will be fun, insightful, and transformational.
Investing in the skills of an experienced Personal Development Coach and Psychotherapist will enable you to get from where you are now, to where you want to be, in the most effective and efficient way. I will hold you accountable for actions we identify to be necessary to get from A to B, and challenge any excuses, self-imposed blocks, and inconsistencies.
I support you in stepping off the treadmill, SLOWING down, doing less but achieving more, and being in the NOW! This is not about tools and techniques, motivational claptrap that fire’s you up temporarily. This is not a short term fix, it’s about a lifestyle, a way of BEING.
You can’t solve a problem with the same thinking that created it.
Coaching is helpful if:
- You are resisting change, even though staying where you are is painful
- You know that you are capable of much more than what you are currently demonstrating
- You ‘lie’ to yourself and others to avoid the truth, denying your feelings, needs and wants
- Your actions don’t align with your words, what you say and what you do are not in synch
- You’ve lost all passion for your current situation
- There is a gap between where you are and where you would like to be.
- Your mind drifts to better ways of being- Trust the nudges coming to you. These inspirational pushes are the catalyst to propel you into a happier and healthy life.
What Does The Process Involve?
Some coaches are too eager to start goal setting with their clients, being solely foccussed on achievement. They neglect to establish strong roots for their work, by firstly identifying and establishing the client’s core values, passions and strengths, and identifying any limiting beliefs, and distorted thinking patterns that may sabotage their progress. Instead their attention is directed to the clients’ presenting issue, the EFFECT, rather than the CAUSE.
Coaching’s not just about setting goals, firstly it’s about raising self-awareness and understanding what’s important to you.
FIRST – Establishing strong ROOTS:
- Your core values– Less than 5% of us know our true values, and we wonder why we feel discontent. Learn what your values are and create a framework to live them.
- Your passions -prioritise your time to accommodate what you love to do.
- Your gifts and strengths-play to your strengths to maximise your potential.
- Your purpose in life-identify your reason for being
- Your vision of the life you desire-live life by design not by default
- Mindfulness and Emotional Intelligence (EQ) are central to achieving all of the above.
Checking in with ourselves in this way is a useful and illuminating tool in maximizing our own potential and becoming the best we can be.
SECOND -Once we have made the roots strong we can GROW the tree. This part of the process is about establishing GOALS and making dreams a reality. When eliciting goals I may ask:
- ‘What do you want to ‘FEEL?’, rather than ‘What do you want to have?’
- ‘What would you do if you were told you only had 6 months left to live?’
- ‘If you could do only one thing with your life right now, what would you do?’
- ‘A fairy godmother gives you 3 wishes….what would they be?’
THIRD– The FRUITS of your investment. The icing on the cake-the purpose for it all! This is where you perform at your highest level. This could involve: Making a BIG difference, Dedicating yourself to a good cause, Giving back, Changing the world in some way, Start a charity, Do something no one has thought of, Be a trailblazer!
Rethink and redesign the way you live today in order to create your perfect tomorrow.
Counselling or Coaching?
Because I’m a qualified Psychotherapist, I can offer counselling if this is more suitable to your requirements initially. Coaching focuses on your present and your future, whereas Counselling explores your past. When used together they can produce very powerful and sustainable results.
By having these skills, I am able to ensure that the progress and change that you achieve in coaching is sustainable, because you are then building on a solid base.
Your past does not have to equal your future.
What Polka Dot Counselling Can Give You:
- Clarity and understanding of your past, and help in making sense of it
- Resolution on issues that may be holding you back.
- Blast through your comfort zone.
- Help in understanding why you are how you are, and who you are.
- Freedom to move forward towards your future, by addressing and overcoming emotional obstacles.
- Support in overcoming depression, anxiety, stress, low self-esteem, build confidence, addictions
- Grow self-belief, self-worth and assertiveness.
What Polkadot Coaching Can Give You:
- A fulfilling life that works for you, because you designed it.
- Stronger relationships, and deeper connections.
- A better balance between work and family.
- More time, energy, money, and direction.Clarity and focus- zone out from distractions-get results.
- Increased Happiness.Better quality and experience of life-live in the NOW
- Increased professional and personal success.
- Values driven life –make great decisions & choices.
- Develop strong sense of self.Live REAL. Live authentically.
- Discover and live, your purpose, passions and strengths. Enjoy a more meaningful life.
- Find solutions to your problems, see more choices, make better decisions, and take productive action.
In fact just about anything is possible if your desire is big enough. If you can dream it you can achieve it! Your future is yours for the making!
Who Would Benefit?
Individuals-Men and Women
Resolve Relationship Issues, Discover Identity-Reduce Negative Self-Image, Build Confidence, Self-Esteem, Direction & Focus, Increase Motivation, Regain Control Of Life, Manage Stress And Anxiety, Overcome Depression, Prioritise Time-Life Balance, (Work and live smarter not harder), Divorce, Mid-Life Crisis, Becoming A Parent/P.N.D, Menopause, Back To Work, Career, Financial Issues
Adolescents who develop EQ, substantially reduce anti-social behaviour and aggression. Experience fewer discipline problems and school suspensions, and are LESS likely to use alcohol or drugs, resort to crime and anti-social behaviours, self-harm, or have suicidal thoughts. They also experience less depression, stress and anxiety. Peer pressure is less likely to influence young people who have high EQ. Coaching supports young people in managing Exams, Bullying, Increasing Motivation and Goal Setting. A by product is, they develop a ‘Can Do’ Approach and Philosophy, and an ‘Anything Is Possible’ Attitude!
The benefits of developing E.Q in business include: Enjoying Bigger Profits, Increased Staff Retention, Less Sickness And Stress, Increased Cooperation, Engagement And Productivity At Work, More Effective Conflict Resolution, Problem solving Pro active employees.